Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Beginning



After months of contemplating being roommies and weeks of searching for the perfect rental, Ally and I found our new home yesterday. It's the top level of a row house in Shaw, about a block from the metro. It's cute, cute, cute! I can't wait to dig into the garden out front. It's not as spacious as some of the others that we looked at. I'm mostly concerned about getting all of my stuff into the bedroom, but I'll figure it out. After 5 years in the same place, with no need to unload excess junk, I'm ready to downsize.
I'm super excited about the location. It's going to be so fun to explore the area. I'm sad that I didn't live there earlier--when I first came to DC and was always wanting to go out and particularly hangout around U Street.
Moving in: Memorial Weekend, May 2007

1 comment:

Emily Hunter said...

This is very exciting! I can't wait to see pictures!